The Founder’s Raffle Official Rules
1. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. By entering the Raffle, the individual acknowledges that he or she is aware of and is bound by all of the official raffle rules. Prize Winners must agree to a photo and press release.
2. You must be 18 years or older to purchase a Founder’s Raffle ticket.
3. COST: Each entry is 1 ticket for $100 or 3 tickets for $250.
4. Proceeds from the Founder’s Raffle will benefit the Building Campaign Fund of the B&GC of West Chester/Liberty.
5. Eligibilty: Regardless of whether it is mail, email, phone, in person or website, to be eligible for the drawings, all entries must be received by 3:00 p.m., June 5, 2017 as long as tickets remain available. The drawing will take place at the conclusion of the Boys & Girls Club Boehner Classic Reception held at Wetherington Golf & Country Club in West Chester, OH on June 5, 2017. Winners need not be present to win.
6. PRIZES: The “Grand” Prize of $10,000 shall be awarded to the owner of the first ticket drawn from the hopper. The “Runner-up” Prize of $2,500 will be awarded to the owner of the second ticket drawn from the hopper. Prizes will be awarded on Monday, June 5, 2017 or when the necessary IRS documents are completed.
7. A maximum of 275 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will end when we have sold the 275th ticket.
8. Responsibility: The Grand Prize Winner of $10,000 must complete and sign a W9 which must be received by The Boys & Girls Club of West Chester/Liberty by July 15, 2017. If the winner fails to deliver a W-9 for withholding together with all applicable cash withholdings prior to the date set forth, such winner will be deemed to have forfeited his or her prize. The winner is responsible for all state and federal taxes.
9. You need not be present to win.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: All winners will be notified via mail, email, or phone and any requisite procedures to claim the prize. If a selected winner is unable to be contacted or located after a period of 60 days from the draw date of the raffle, the prize or its cash equivalent will be deemed to have been donated to the Boys & Girls Club of West Chester/Liberty Building Campaign for its use. All contact attempts shall be made to the address, email address and phone number provided by the raffle ticket purchaser.
11. TAXES AND IRS RULES: All winners shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prizes. All cash prizes will be paid net of applicable income tax withholding. Government rules regarding withholding can change without notice. The Boys & Girls Club of West Chester/Liberty will follow the rules in effect at the time the prizes are awarded.
11.1 The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances to participate in raffles, lotteries or similar programs are not charitable gifts, and therefore, the price of entry does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
12. We reserve the right to cancel this raffle, at any time, and return all proceeds from ticket sales to the rightful purchasers.
13. For questions and clarifications, please email Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. All decisions related to the conduct of the raffle shall be made by the Board of the B&G Club of West Chester Liberty, whose judgment on all matters will be final.